IFPAC-2022 WILL BE IN-PERSON!
IFPAC is excited to return in-person and reunite our IFPAC Community!
IFPAC-2022 UPDATE – NEW DATES
IFPAC has continued to closely monitor all aspects of hosting an in-person meeting under the current circumstances with COVID and update its event protocol policies accordingly.
Based on the recent surge of the Omicron variant and increased concerns over travel restrictions, the IFPAC meeting has been rescheduled to the summer months.
The IFPAC-2022 New Dates are June 12-15, 2022. The meeting will remain fully in-person at the Bethesda North Marriot, in North Bethesda, Maryland.
These new dates will create more opportunities for attendees to travel, and present better circumstances to meet in-person. The entire meeting will remain otherwise intact.
All registrations, speaker abstracts, exhibitor registrations, and sponsorships are being shifted to the new dates.
If you have not yet submitted your registrations or abstracts, please do so!
Please contact conference management with questions.
Thank you, and we look forward to re-uniting in-person soon!
COVID–19 EVENT PROTOCOL
IFPAC wants participants to have a safe and productive experience at all its events. As the U.S. opens and we return to in-person events, we recognize that conditions are still continually changing. The situation will be closely monitored.
The below guidelines have been developed to create an environment where attendees can feel safe, comfortable, and continue to interact.
These guidelines are subject to change based on the current situation and latest information.
IFPAC will monitor and follow COVID-19 related guidelines & policies of the U.S. Government, State of Maryland, Montgomery County, MD, U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the Bethesda North Marriott event venue as recommended. (These are subject to change.)
The Bethesda North Marriott is located in Montgomery County, Maryland.
All attendees will be expected to follow the policies in place at the time of the meeting. IFPAC will work with the event venue managers to provide social distancing per current guidance, hand sanitizers and address any supply needs to maintain a healthy and clean environment in event spaces.
View Current Guidance:
Montgomery County, Maryland Government: Face Coverings/Masks - COVID-19 Information Portal - Montgomery County, Maryland (montgomerycountymd.gov)
U.S. CDC COVID-19 Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
CDC Travel Guidance: Travel | CDC
For the safety of all participants, we ask that all attendees:
- Be fully immunized against COVID-19 at least 14 days before their arrival at the event OR have a Negative Test within 72 hours of Event Arrival. The CDC strongly recommends masks for unvaccinated and encourages masks for vaccinated attendees in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission or for those that are or have someone in their household that is immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease.
- Follow federal, state, local, and venue policies. These guidelines and policies are subject to change at any time based on current conditions. We will post updates on the IFPAC website.
- Respect health and safety guidelines as necessary. These include, but may not be limited to, wearing a mask in indoor spaces, sanitizing, and cooperating with any indoor spacing arrangements for physical distancing.
Complete a Wellness Check:
Do not travel if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus, or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19. Please contact Conference Management to discuss your options.
PER CDC GUIDANCE, DO NOT TRAVEL IF:
- You have COVID-19 symptoms, even if you recovered from COVID-19 within the past 90 days or are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines.
- You tested positive for COVID-19. Do not travel until a full 10 days after your symptoms started or the date your positive test was taken if you had no symptoms.
- You are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test.
- You had close contact with a person with COVID-19 and are recommended to quarantine. Do not travel until a full 5 days after your last close contact with the person with COVID-19. It is best to avoid travel for a full 10 days after your last exposure. Get tested at least 5 days after your last close contact. Make sure your test result is negative and you remain without symptoms before traveling. If you don’t get tested, avoid travel until a full 10 days after your last close contact with a person with COVID-19.
IFPAC-2022 will be returning to a familiar conference venue with ample space. Hand sanitizer and masks will be available in the registration area/lobby.
IFPAC will continue to closely monitor the current situation and more details will be announced closer to the event.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A SPEAKER - All presenters will be expected to follow the policies in place at the time of the meeting. Based upon the current situation, we currently plan to allow session speakers to present without a mask. Appropriate social distancing between the speaker and other presenters and attendees is possible at the IFPAC-2022 venue.
This may not apply to poster presenters if social distancing is not possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS AN EXHIBITOR - All exhibitors will be expected to follow the policies in place at the time of the meeting. IFPAC will coordinate with our exhibition services to ensure booth layouts and flow allow for adequate social distancing as needed.
CANCELLATIONS: If you are unable to attend, another person can be substituted, or your registration may be credited to a future symposium. Notification to be received in writing by 23 December 2021. If prior to the event a positive COVID-19 test, quarantine, or federal travel restrictions be imposed impacting your ability to travel; this deadline will be waived.
For unforeseen circumstances, whereby meeting facility is not operating for business, due to acts of God, government authority, disaster, strikes, construction, remodeling or other reasons outside our control, an alternative venue and dates of comparable quality will be confirmed.
Please contact Conference Management at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.
Thank you for your cooperation so we can all have a positive and safe experience!